Wow, awesome comm! Jerie? Wenona? Sarah, Marina? Anybody here?
Well, I'd like to join, even if I'm late and ya'll have already moved on to each saving the world her own way...
- Your real first name: Lora (really, I'm not that creative!)
- Your geographical location: Texas, US
- Age: 33
- Occupation: Systems Engineer (because it sounds better than Political Engineer!)
- Dream job: Astronaut
- Cause most passionate about: Freedom (Amen, Marina!)
- What's your best personality characteristic?: Perseverance
- What's your worst?: Demanding
- Favorite Fictional Heroines: Morgaine (C.J. Cherryh's moreso than MZB's), Ellen Ripley (of the Alien movie series), Captain Signy Mallory of the jump-carrier Norway (again, C.J. Cherryh's), Zoe Washburn (actually, all the women of Firefly/Serenity, even the villains)
- Favorite Non-Fictional Heroines: Valentina Tereshkova, Sally Ride, Benazir Bhutto, Amelia Earhart
- Favorite Girl-Power Movie: Aliens, really.
- What has been your most heroic moment so far: Nothing dramatic, every time I don't give up, every time I keep going even though it's hard, I lead the life of a person who might inspire others. College 1100 miles from home, followed by five years in the Navy, then a return to the vicinity of the Johnson Space Center to find a job (which I did), and now going to school at night while working full time as an engineer. Not quitting, not going back to where I grew up, even though it might be easier. Those are my heroic moments.